Friday, October 14, 2011

It's Halloween Time!!!

.......at Disneyland!

We decided to take one last trip using our APs.  We brought mom along because we really wanted to share our Happy Place with her!  And I wanted to say thanks for watching the kids for us all summer. 

We stayed at the Howard Johnson Hotel in 2 adjoining rooms- it was great to have the extra space.  We decided to go over Columbus Day weekend as they kids and mom were off on Monday.  We pulled the kids out of school Friday and headed out around 8:30 AM.  We drove pretty much straight through with only one stop and got in around 2:30 PM.  We checked into the hotel and unpacked.  Chris took the boys to the Pirate Pool for a little bit while mom & I rested.  Then we all got ready in our Angry Birds Costumes and off we went to Mickey's Trick or Treat Party!




We loved all the great decorations at the Main Gate! Such cute pumpkins!











Some of the awesome pumpkins on Main Street.



I know its crazy, but every time I come through the gates and look down Main Street, I always get a little choked up!  It really does feel like coming home to me!


We wanted to ride a few rides and hang out a bit before the party started.  We headed over to Tomorrowland and got a handicap fastpass for Star Tours (to come back in 1 hour). 

My mom on her scooter was a Golden Pass for us!  We got around a lot slower, but we made up for it by not having to stand in any lines!  It was fabulous!  And I don't think she could have done the walking back and forth and all around.  We rented from an outside company, so she was able to use the scooter to go back and forth from the hotel.  It was truly a great thing!


We rode the Finding Nemo Submarines and Star Tours (the boy's favorite ride). 

 I was so proud of my mom!  She actually went on EVERY ride (except Space Mountain)!  She was so brave and just went along with us!  I couldn't believe it!  We only freaked her out once on Thunder Mountain RR.  Or maybe twice...she didn't like the big drop on Splash Mountain!  I don't know if she really enjoyed the rides, but she was quite the trooper!

Anyways, after Tomorrowland we headed over through New Orleans Square and into Critter Country where we ate dinner.

The Holiday Haunted Mansion
We ate dinner at the "Hungry Bear" Restaurant.  I ordered the Fried Green Tomato Sandwich.  The others had Burgers.  The FGT sandwich was delicious!  I loved it!  Then we split some pies- Peach and Cherry- Yum!





After dinner it was time for the Trick or Treat Party to start!  We hit a bunch of Candy stops  and worked our way over to The Haunted Mansion.






Riding the Holiday Haunted Mansion!



I heart Jack!


We hung out around the Water.  It was so neat- they had this thick fog over the water.  I couldn't really get any good pictures- the lighting was weird!  But it was cool!


A Halloween Tree in Frontierland

A scarecrow that talks!
We headed into the hub to stake out a spot for the parade and fireworks.  I was really looking forward to watching these and wanted to make sure we could see.  We were able to sit on some benches in a roped-off area that we figured was Handicap seating.  We were front and center of the castle! What a great view!


Mickey's Costume Calvacade!







After the parade, Chris took the boys to hit a few more Candy Stops.  Mom and I hung out on the bench to save our spot for the fireworks.



And it was worth the wait!  It was a great show! 

Zero (from Nightmare Before Christmas) flew around...


Jack!



The music and light show were really great.  I have never had such a straight-on view!

After the fireworks we headed over to Frontierland to meet a few characters.



So here is where I lost it a little bit!
We waited in line for Mickey & Minnie (mom really wanted a picture with Minnie).  After about 15 minutes in line the characters take a break.  Then just Mickey comes back.  We get to the front and Minnie is still not back!  So we wait and wait.  Meanwhile, I totally lost it!  Chris wanted a pretzel, Ryan had to go to the bathroom, everyone was tired, no-one wanted to wait in line, etc...  I was the mean mommy who yelled at her kids at Disneyland and told them that it wasn't all about them and that we were standing here and we were waiting for Minnie!  Darn it!  (Not my best Disney moment)

But all is well that ends well!



And then, not even thinking- I forgot to get a picture of my mom with just Minnie!!  DUH!

So we hit the bathroom, Chris went to get his pretzel, and we went back to see the pumpkins in the Round-up area.  It was pretty dark so we couldn't see that well.  We did meet up with Jessie though!



Time for more candy! And a walk through Fantasyland on the way to meet "The Disney Villains".


The evil queen from Snow White


Cruella Deville...she was funny!  She told Ethan he looked like a puppy that just got up because his hair was a mess!  She wanted us to pose like puppies for the picture!


Jafar from Alladin


The Queen of Hearts...we didn't get to meet her as they changed out characters as we were leaving.  But she did do a nice pose for me!


A quick spin on the teacups!  Chris and I watched.




A few more stops for pictures...






And we headed back to the hotel!  Look at all this candy we collected!  15 pounds!  WOW!



TO BE CONTINUED..........

1 comment: