Saturday, June 18, 2011

Little Mermaid Movie Night!!!

I was really looking forward to this particular Disney Movie Night!  I LOVE the Little Mermaid.  It is my favorite Disney Princess movie!  I know all the songs and love the music and the story.  It is very nostalgic for me and takes me right back to the summer between my freshman and sophomore year of high school! : )  It is fun to be able to share these movies with the kids.  And I got to put a pink tablecloth on my kitchen table.....when will I ever get to have another princess party??? : ) 





The table all decked out in Mermaid fashion!




We decorated the upstairs to look like "Under the Sea" with bubbles and lights!  The kids laid out on beach towels for blankets.  It looked really magical!


Our Little Mermaid and Mermen!


Awww....I love the piggie tails!


We did some pool games for our activities.  First we had Mermaid races.  The kids had to put rings around their feet and try to swim across the pool like mermaids!







The next game we played was trying to guess the Mermaid names for human objects.  I would tell the kids to find a "dinglehopper" and they had to try to bring up the right object from the bottom of the pool!  It was hilarious!  They thought the names were so funny!  It was really cute!


Ethan finds a "cootchie-coo"

A "snazzle"


Ryan has a "mooshie moo-moo"


A "slambazel"





After the pool fun, we headed in to eat our Mermaid Meal.







It was delicious!






Then we headed upstairs and "Under the Sea" to watch The Little Mermaid




With a little bubble play! :)


We had such a great time!  Looking forward to our final movie night!

No comments:

Post a Comment