Thursday, January 19, 2012

Karyssa's Bridal Shower...."The Perfect Housewife"

Karyssa's bridesmaids decided to throw her a 1950's Housewife themed bridal shower.  It was a blast!  We had it at my house and Rochelle and I had so much fun decorating!  We used some vintage 1950's memorabilia, ads, tablecloths, and dishes.  One of her bridesmaids Jen, and her mom made the cake.  Everything looked so perfect for the shower!













Marianne made the Party Favors


We had a place for people to write Advice or Words of Wisdom for Karyssa and then clip them onto the clothesline.  We also had a recipe box where people who brought recipes could leave them for Karyssa.


One of the best things about the shower was that almost everyone dressed up!  It was so awesome to see all the great fun costumes!  It really made it feel like we stepped back in time.

Me in my dress!


When I told Michele (my best friend) that I had to find a dress for a 1950's themed shower, she went on a mission!  She had seen a friend of a friend wearing this dress in some family pictures and thought it would be perfect for me.  So she got a hold of her friend, who then got ahold of her friend and arranged for me to get the dress.  Michele had another friend go pick up the dress (in Surprise-about 30 minutes away) and get it to a 4th friend who was going to be in Surprise the next day.  Michele then got the dress from him and I got it from her.  It was so crazy!  But the dress was beautiful!  It was very tight on top but it worked.  I couldn't believe she went through all that effort!  It was worth it though!

Kim- "Barefoot and Pregnant!"

Check out her cool hairdo!

Kinley



Karyssa's Bridesmaids

Karyssa's Aunt Roxanne- dressed as "what housewives really look like", and Aunt Ramona




We played a few games.  One was a relay where 4 people had to: fold a shirt, diaper a baby, clip 4 coupons, and scramble 2 eggs.  It was hilarious!



The winning team



Time to open gifts!





Karyssa's Grandma (my mother-in-law) made this beautiful quilt for her. 


I got to meet my newest nephew!  Aaron Henry- age 5 days!


Karyssa & her mom Rochelle

Karyssa and her bridesmaids

Aunt Kim-Karyssa-Aunt Beth


This is the lady who won the "best dressed" award!

Karyssa & her Grandma Sally

Karyssa with her flower girls!


Yes, it's true....Karyssa will make the "Perfect Housewife!"





2 comments:

  1. Karyssa's bridal shower looks fabulous. The theme was truly fun. The food that she made for this bash truly looks delicious. I am craving on it. We are also getting married at the vintage NYC wedding venues so my sister also hosted vintage themed shower for me. It was also very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete